The Subconscious Mind
It is important for you to understand the role of the subconscious mind in order to know why it is important to train it. How can we train the subconscious mind to be healthy? We won’t confuse you. Basically, the subconscious mind is responsible for all involuntary actions like breathing. You do not have to worry about breathing.
Brian Tracy defines the subconscious mind as a huge memory bank. It stores all of our previous life experiences, most of our memories, from skills to life events to images and beliefs which we have created. Emotions are also controlled by it. The feelings which you might unexpectedly experience is ruled by it.
That’s why we are asked to control or manage our emotions.
Training the subconscious mind
Your subconscious mind will neither think by itself or not reason. It is merely subjective. The important part you need to know is that it will obey your commands. It will respond to feelings. It will receive commands from your conscious mind. Why? Because consciously you are aware of what you want in life, what you want to do and so on.
That’s why it is vital for you to plant good thoughts and do good actions. You might notice changes in your feelings or emotions. You might feel physically uncomfortable whenever you attempt to do anything new. As said before, your subconscious mind stores and retrieves all information.
Thus, it is important to manage or control them in your way so that you can manifest the life you want. Else, each time you do something different or awkward or negative, you will feel the emotional discomfort. This will give you sickness by making you think negative.
Here’s a few ways to reprogram your mind so that you can better handle the emotions and thoughts so that your confidence will not longer be intimidated by any challenges or fears.
- Affirmations or Autosuggestion – Constantly use positive or healthy affirmations to boost up your moral. Remember every word you whisper has power. It will either empower you or destroy you.
- Be mindful of each moment. Make momentum your best friend. If you haven’t read the book ‘The Power of Now’. Take your chance, buy and read it now.
- Visualization involves the use of healthy positive mental images. You can create your own vision board which will include things you want in life. Most importantly are the images you hold in your mind. Are they healthy or negative?
- Meditation. You do not have to sit and mediate for hours. Every now and then, you can meditate on something healthy or positive.
- Do what you love. Because when you are forced to do something you don’t love, you create that negative feeling of dislike in your mind. You are advice to speak with integrity when you don’t love something. Speak your mind.
- Learn to say NO when you don’t want something. This can also be related to ego defense mechanism.
- Reviews your belief systems. Are they true enough?
Do they make you happy? How true are they?
You should learn to ask questions and choose the best that will make you feel good. Your belief might differ from others.
Least, the more in tune with your subconscious, you can better manage your own life. You can better attract the life you want.