WHAT IS LEADERSHIP?
Many people think you need to earn a degree to be able to lead. But if you read the book of Robin Sharma: ”The Leader who had no title”, you should be inspired enough to realize that you are indeed a leader. The leader can be anyone, from a street sweeper to a housewife to a nurse to anyone who is helping someone else or the society as a whole. You don’t need big words to define leadership. It’s simple how you are adding values to people’s life. It’s more about what are you mostly passionate about even if it is risky, as long as it is empowering you.
Many people find it difficult to acknowledge that leadership is no longer about your position. No matter who you are, you are always making a difference in people’s life. It could be bad or good. YOU should know what you are doing and how your presence is impacting in this society. Everyday is a learning process where you find yourself evolving and learning new things. If you observe, each person or situation has something to teach us. A leader knows how to empower others rather than practicing disengagement.
The role of empowerment in leadership
People fear to give powers to others. True leaders have no fear in giving power to others. They create more leaders. They practice empowerment. Simply, they leverage empowerment by enabling others to discover their true potential. Such leaders can totally feel secured enough as they encourage others to feel better. They do not need to take the credits as they believe in empathy. There is no need to hoard credit, power, recognition, or control.
Compared to leaders who are scared who are afraid to lose their power, true leaders have an abundance mindset. They go on to create more leaders.
Empowerment is more about:
- Building Trust and happy relationships. Trust makes us more responsible and enable others to be more responsible as well.
- Understanding others by being more empathy / by building rapport.
- Delegating the tasks. True leaders know they need to delegate results rather than methods. They create a win-win situation for their team by clearly defining the methods so that everyone can understand.
- Solution driven. They are all a team when challenges crop up.
- Creating a path where everyone can walk and follow, and then lead.
- Helping each other to grow, evolve and learn.
- Creating passion and being there for each other.
If you want to be a leader and be able to empower yourself, learn to empower your own self. Admire yourself and be ready to serve others. Because in serving, you know the real value of love. They say, true leaders should know how to empower his team. They are responsible for this. Leaders today create leaders of tomorrow